Archive for category penelope cruz
The teaser looks to be fueled by sexual overtones and gay glee.
It may not be OSCAR material but, in our humble opinion, this looks, to us, as if this will be a laugh from start to finish for the man responsible for the meteoric rise of Spanish cross-over Hollywood fixtures like Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas and Hugo Silva – who also star in the film.
Expect a 2013 installment to a art theater near you.
Its that time of the year again. Can you believe it’s February, 2010 already? Time waits on no-one. But with Botox on my horizon and the promise of Spring around the bend, I trudge forward (from the warmness of my apt.!)
And while I’m at it, here is a list of the relevant nominations for this years OSCAR’s, taking place on March 7th. My picks are noted in RED. And the Academy should please note how easily this long ass boring show could be edited down to what the public considers important! Let’s face it, there are some catergories that we just simply don’t care about! And since we are bitching – isn’t it bizarre how Almodovar isn’t nominated in the Best Foreign Film category or Tom Ford for Best Director??? These omissions are simply R-U-D-E!
Actor in a Leading Role
* Jeff Bridges in “Crazy Heart”
* George Clooney in “Up in the Air”
* Colin Firth in “A Single Man”
* Morgan Freeman in “Invictus”
* Jeremy Renner in “The Hurt Locker”
Actor in a Supporting Role
* Matt Damon in “Invictus”
* Woody Harrelson in “The Messenger”
* Christopher Plummer in “The Last Station”
* Stanley Tucci in “The Lovely Bones”
* Christoph Waltz in “Inglourious Basterds”
Actress in a Leading Role (This should be a tie – dammit!)
* Sandra Bullock in “The Blind Side”
* Helen Mirren in “The Last Station”
* Carey Mulligan in “An Education”
* Gabourey Sidibe in “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”
* Meryl Streep in “Julie & Julia
Actress in a Supporting Role
* Penélope Cruz in “Nine”
* Vera Farmiga in “Up in the Air”
* Maggie Gyllenhaal in “Crazy Heart”
* Anna Kendrick in “Up in the Air”
* Mo’Nique in “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”
* “Bright Star” Janet Patterson
* “Coco before Chanel” Catherine Leterrier
* “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” Monique Prudhomme
* “Nine” Colleen Atwood
* “The Young Victoria” Sandy Powell
* “Avatar” James Cameron
* “The Hurt Locker” Kathryn Bigelow
* “Inglourious Basterds” Quentin Tarantino
* “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” Lee Daniels
* “Up in the Air” Jason Reitman
Foreign Language Film
* “Ajami” Israel
* “El Secreto de Sus Ojos” Argentina
* “The Milk of Sorrow” Peru
* “Un Prophète” France
* “The White Ribbon” Germany
* “Avatar” James Cameron and Jon Landau, Producers
* “The Blind Side” Nominees to be determined
* “District 9” Peter Jackson and Carolynne Cunningham, Producers
* “An Education” Finola Dwyer and Amanda Posey, Producers
* “The Hurt Locker” Nominees to be determined
* “Inglourious Basterds” Lawrence Bender, Producer
* “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” Lee Daniels, Sarah Siegel-Magness and Gary Magness, Producers
* “A Serious Man” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, Producers
* “Up” Jonas Rivera, Producer
* “Up in the Air” Daniel Dubiecki, Ivan Reitman and Jason Reitman, Producers
I mean the screen adaptation of the famed musical that starred Antonio Banderas on the Broadway stage.
This looks to be as promising as Chicago!
What I do know is that the current love of my future ex-husband’s life – Javier Bardem, arrived at the 2008 Gotham Independent Film Awards, held in the bowel of Manhattan, last night sans her compatriot amor but was ever the gracious beauty, nevertheless.
It is nice to see an independent woman heading out on her own.
Cruz attended this years festivities in support of her Woody Allen nominated film “Vicki Christina Barcelona”.
Gracias belleza! Viva Espana.